
and any object in its miniature form, really. They're just so cute! My grandparents have a set like the one pictured above and it was one of my favorite objects in their house. I spent hours as a child setting the petite table and pouring pretend milk from the pitchers, and the set's rich familial history adds to its greatness. In my search for images, I was amazed by the plethora of tiny tea sets I found...



and my favorite...

my daughters are obsessed with tea sets, big, little, doesn't seem to matter. I personally would like to get my hands on that wooden one with the little wooden tea bags...too cute!
ReplyDeleteMolly, I love miniatures! And I love this post. It's hard to say why we like them. But whenever I see a miniature candlestick, I am transported back to elementary school. A lot of object scholars have written about the power of the miniature.
ReplyDeleteI almost started crying (I may or may not be pms'ing!) when I saw your post- I had nearly the same set as your first photo when I was a girl and though they are nearly indestructible, I vividly remember being heartbroken when my set got a few chips and eventually, piece by piece, got lost. It's interesting what Cyd said about the power of miniature- I wonder if that is part of the allure of dollhouses, not just for children, but adults too?
ReplyDelete