Wednesday, May 19

Favorite Things Day 12: Visiting a Friend in Her/His New Home


I just returned from a trip to Brussels in neighboring Belgium to visit my friend Sam and although she has lived there for nearly six months now, this is the first time I managed to make it over there and visit her new home. Regardless of wherever we may be situated or what condition our housing quarters may be in, many of my friends share a common desire to make our space shine and consciously reflect ourselves. When friends move or simply need some change, I love to see the ways they rearrange their spaces.

Brussels is a beautiful and diverse city, but the real treat was being able to witness Sam's adaptation to her 'new life'. Seeing her Brussels bedroom immediately transported me back to her childhood bedroom that it closely resembles (which is impressive because she only brought one suitcase to Europe), which also transported me back to wonderful memories of our friendship and all of the personal growth we've mutually undergone and shared over the years. Walking around Brussels and showing me her favorite places, Sam just glowed. It was so neat to see the many ways in which she has made this experience uniquely meaningful for her.

I don’t have any photos from our trip right now, but I promise them soon! Until then, I love you, Sam and happy birthday :)

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, never been to Brussels but after seeing In Bruges, and reading this post, I sure would like to.

    ReplyDelete